13 December 2010

Wedding Recap: Ceremony

My favourite part of the wedding day was definitely the ceremony. I was so nervous beforehand, mainly because there was going to be over a hundred people staring at me during a very important moment in my life! Also the weather that morning was a little touch and go. Clouds kept rolling in and covering the mountains and the wind was starting to pick up. Luckily five minutes before the ceremony started the sun came out and the wind dropped, conditions were perfect. I was still really nervous though, I just wanted to see Owen already!


One Day by Opshop arranged & performed by Nancy Brough


When I was standing next to Owen my nerves mostly disappeared. I realised the crowd was full of family and friends who really wanted to be there with us, and after months of planning we were finally getting married!


Writing the ceremony was my favourite part of wedding planning. When I'd had enough of flowers and hairstyles I spent lots of time pulling together words, readings and vows, which always made me feel better. The ceremony is too long to include here, but if you'd like to read it all here it is.


All photos by Stacy Squires.

4 comments:

  1. Again, so beautiful and amazing. That harp composition is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first photo of you and Owen - you both look amazing but mainly, you look so HAPPY!

    And the scenery is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some hilarious photos of me with a ridiculously big smile, I really was very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridey, I've been loving these glimpses into your wedding day. Everything is so beautiful and you and Owen look so happy. I'm especially impressed with the gorgeous transformation of the venue - so lovely! Congratulations on your marriage!

    ReplyDelete