30 November 2009

Engaged!


Owen & I celebrated our ten year anniversary last Friday (we've been together since we were sixteen!) and he completely surprised me with a proposal!

Since it was our anniversary we exchanged gifts (a pocket watch for him, a pair of diamond earrings for me), then Owen said he'd also bought me another present. I thought it would just be something little, and was stunned when he handed me an engagement ring!

We hadn't really talked about getting engaged, and I was sure that I would've known if Owen had been planning anything. But he managed to keep everything a secret, and I absolutely love the ring he chose!

We haven't set a date yet, but are thinking about this time next year so we can keep the same anniversary.

Exciting!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a beautiful way to celebrate your 10th (!) anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how exciting! I totally squeeeeeeed when I saw this come up in the RSS feed. SB and I are thinking about coming down to ChCh in January so maybe we'll get a chance to meet your fiance if we do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:42 pm

    :D I'm super happy for you - congratulations. I love love love reading stories about high-school sweethearts lasting... it gives me hope for my own relationship :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What lovely news :) engagements make me smile, and being surprised too that must have been extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:33 am

    How sweet =D Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    Scribbles - it would be great to have a catch up next time you're in Chch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freaking awesome news Bridey! Nice to hear after 10 years, he can still surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeps! Congratulations! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh so exciting!!! congrats!!! :) :) and you finally updated!!! haha

    ReplyDelete